California tournament legend Gary Dobyns has partnered with ArmyBassAnglers (ABA) on five new casting and three new spinning rods that he calls the ABA Coalition Series. Light, Strong, Sensitive, Well balanced and Built in Honor of our Military. As with other Dobyns Rods lines, the Coalition Series is designed from a high modulus graphite with Kigan alconite guides and boast a distinctive digital camouflage pattern. This series was developed with the collaboration of Army Bass Anglers (ABA), which is an orgization dedicated to assisting returning milityary veterans.
The ABA mission statement is “SUPPORT. DEFEND. FISH. “ When Gary Dobyns first learned about ABA and their interest in helping rehabilitating our wounded United States military he knew immediately that he needed to be involved. ABA is involved with The Warrior & Family Support Center, Heroes on the Water and Veterans Outdoors. Below are a couple of the organization that ABA supports and helps get our wounded warriors out on the water.
Heroes on the Water (HOW) serves all military personnel who have been wounded, injured or disabled. What looks like a day trip of paddling and fishing for wounded vets is in fact something much deeper and long-lasting. Heroes on the Water has one purpose…to help wounded warriors – injured military personnel – relax, rehabilitate and reintegrate with society through kayak fishing and the outdoors. www.herosonthewater.com
Veteran Outdoors’ mission is to honor our country’s wounded veterans’ patriotism and their sacrifice by providing quality hunting, fishing and outdoor related activities. VO’s goal is to raise public awareness about the therapeutic effects that being in the outdoors actually has on the mental and physical disabilities of our country’s wounded men and women. We will also provide a platform for veterans to tell their own stories in their own words. http://www.veteranoutdoors.com/
- CW 702SF 7’0” Split Grip – Med/Light – Fast – 6-12lb – 1/8 to 1/2oz – Applications: Dartheads, Dropshot Rigs, Shaky Heads, Tubes & Gitzits
- CW 703SF 7’0” Split Grip – Medium – Fast – 8-17lb – 3/16 to 5/8oz – Applications: Jigs, Texas Rigs, Senkos, Shaky Heads
- CW 704SF 7’0” Split 10-20lb – Med/Hvy – Fast – 1/4 to 1oz – Applications: Texas Rigs, Jigs, Flukes, Senkos, Floating Worms
- CW 703C 7’0” Split Grip – 10-17lb – Med/Hvy Fast – 1/4 to 3/4oz- Applications: Senkos, Jigs, Flukes, Texas Rigs, Spinnerbaits
- CW 704C 7’0” Split Grip – 10-20lb – Heavy Fast – 1/4 to 1oz -Applications: Texas Rigs, Jigs, Carolina Rigs, Spinnerbaits, Horny Toads
- CW 705C 7’0” Split Grip – 12-25lb – Mag/Hvy Fast – 3/8 to 1-1/2oz – Applications: Heavy Jigs, Carolina Rigs, Pitchin’ Stick
- CW 734C 7’3” Split Grip – 10-20lb – Heavy Fast – 1/4 to 1oz – Applications: Spinnerbaits, Buzzbaits, Senkos, Horny Toads, Jigs, Small Swimbaits
- CW 735C 7’3” Split Grip – 12-25lb – Mag/Hvy Fast – 3/8 to 1-1/2oz – Applications: Frogs, Pitchin’ & Flippin’, Small Swimbaits
Retail Pricing on the Coalition Rods will be $199.99 and will be available in December 2011/ January 2012.