It’s almost time for YakAttak’s annual fishing tournament that benefits Heroes On the Water. This is a freshwater tournament held each year in Farmville Virginia. It starts on Friday night where dinner is served and everyone enjoys sitting around the fire swapping fishing stories. The captains meeting is also held on Friday night. If you can’t make it to the meeting show up to Sandy River Reservoir at 6:00 am on Saturday and Tina Shank will give you a ruler and identifier. There will be camping available on Friday Night. If you would like to camp please contact Luther email@example.com and let him know so he can have an idea of how many to expect.
Once the weigh-in has ended the raffle begins. There will be tons of great prizes in the raffle including some cool memorabilia from Jeff Dunham. This is always a HUGE hit so bring plenty of cash!
The 50 mile fishing radius contains three trophy fisheries – James River, Sandy River Reservoir, and Briery Creek. You have a legimate chance of catching a fish of a lifetime from any of these three fisheries. Sandy River and Briery Creek produce 12lb + largemouth each year and the James is full of citation smallmouth.
Below is a picture of Doug Gibson with a MONSTER caught at Sandy River Reservoir last year.
Luther can be found at the smoker slowly cooking a pig for Saturday’s dinner. The meat literally falls off the bone. I’m getting hungry just thinking about it!
- Friday May 18th @ 7 PM Captains Meeting-Mandatory ( If you cant make the Captains meeting then we will meet 6:00 AM Saturday 19th at Sandy River Reservoir for your identifiers, and ruler)
- Tournament – Saturday, May 19th
- Lines in first safe light. Area is approximately a 50 mile radius of tournament HQ
- 2 PM-Photo weigh-in begins
- 4 PM-weigh-in deadline (must be in line by 4 PM)
- 4 PM-until-drinks, Pig Pickin dinner (5 PM), awards ceremony
- 2012 5th ANNUAL YAKATTACK KAYAK FISH FOR CHARITY OFFICIAL RULES This Tournament will be at this location for the captians meeting and the weigh in.
- The complete set of rules can be found at here